Yikes, never again! Ray-bans ordered 11/4/16.

They were supposed to be ready in 3-6 days. Received the glasses over 3 weeks later, while I was away on thanksgiving vacation. On return, tried on glasses, noted something strange in left lens. After further evaluation, figured out that the polarization was vertically oriented on the left and horizontally oriented on the right.

Called explained, they asked me to send an explanation and photos. These were sent with an explanation regarding the polarization defect. The retuns department sent me a short response which, showed me that they didn't understand what I meant by the polarization being out of phase (lenses oriented at 90 degrees from each other). So, I called to clarify, they expressed understanding in the sales dept.

There is no phone for customer service or returns( this should have been a red flag). The next day, I received the same short cryptic response. I later this week, I called back and spoke, with Lee in sales. Who argued with me for half an hour that this was an issue regarding the "14 day guarantee" rather than the manufacturer’s warranty against defective product.

I explained that I wanted a replacement for the defective lens, and that I was perfectly happy with the glasses otherwise. After arguing with me emphatically regarding this issue, which seems straight forward to me, I asked to speak to a supervisor. He refused. I asked for the name of his supervisor, he declined to give me the name of anyone in charge.

Glasses are expensive. And getting a deal is only a deal if they are correct. Glasses USA charged me $323.00. I will likely buy a replacement lens from my optometrist.

Time is money.

Can't say that this was such a good deal after all the time and headache. Can not recommend this company, would not buy from them ever again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ray Ban Sunglasses.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Thank You! I was planning on purchasing two pairs: one foe my son and one for myself. I will not purchase.

GlassesUSA Reviews