I ordered a pair of glasses weeks ago. The company states that periodic emails will be sent to customers to notify them of the progress.

When I contacted GlassesUSA, I finally received an email stating that the glasses did not meet their quality standards and were going to be "recrafted." I immediately told the company by email (2 of them) that I was not interested in the glasses any longer. Other online companies have much better prices (half the price at Eye Buy Direct, whom I've been doing business with for years and they're great). I checked my credit card statement and saw that the company already charged me for the glasses that hadn't even been made! After complaining of this, I was sent a series of emails, which were replies to my emails, saying they would take care of it.

Nothing happened. I called. Twice. And I was finally told the charge would be removed but would take "seven to 10 days." By then, I would have to pay my bill.

I contacted the credit card company and they are removing the charge but pending the resolution of the dispute. (Citibank is another issue altogether and I will be cancelling that card as soon as I can because of this.

Capital One, Discover, and AmEx would have removed it now and asked questions later.) I am thoroughly pissed and will never do business with this company again. Still waiting my refund.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

GlassesUSA Pros: Although this turned out to be false.

GlassesUSA Cons: Never received glasses but was charged.

• cancellation scam